Opstal Wines, a family wine estate situated in the breath-taking Slanghoek Valley near Rawsonville, has a vacancy for a Logistics Officer. The job incumbent will be responsible for managing the logistics of the wine production and distribution processes. They will work closely with the production team, distributors and clients to ensure timely and efficient delivery of products.
• Coordinate all bottling and labelling activities in conjunction with the winemakers
• Liaise with clients regarding the product specifications, orders, deliveries etc.
• Coordinate reworks
• Receive and process local and international sales orders and arrange invoicing
• Liaise with export agencies and book shipping containers
• Prepare orders according to client specifications
• Prepare and submit local distribution and export documentation
• Control stock levels of dry and packaged goods
• Keep record of all warehouse assets (e.g. pallets and bins)
• Supervise warehouse staff
• Grade 12 (Matric)
• A qualification in logistics management will be advantageous
• At least 2 to 3 years’ proven experience in supply chain management in the wine industry
• Proficient in English and Afrikaans (written and verbal communication)
• Excellent computer skills and familiar with the likes of Xero Cloud Accounting
• Working knowledge of statutory requirements related to wine production and exports
(e.g. SAWIS, excise and import and export certificates)
• Basic supervisory skills and experience will be advantageous
Should you be interested in this position, kindly send a comprehensive CV to email@example.com with “LOGISTICS OFFICER” in the subject line.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates are contacted. If you don’t hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application was unsuccessful.